Thursday, June 10, 2010

Is it Marlon Crowe or Russell Brando?


Every actor has yearned to be like Marlon Brando in one way or another. There's a reason why he's considered the most influential actor in American film history! But after reading this story, you can add Gladiator star Russell Crowe to that ever-growing list! Crowe has told a source how his most treasured possession is not his best actor Oscar, but a book of poetry once owned by his idol, Brando.

A friend of Brando's passed on James Kavanaugh's book of poetry "There Are Men Too Gentle To Live Among Wolves" to Crowe in 2004 after the actor passed away. The book had been given to Brando by Jack Nicholson. Crowe has cited Brando as his "favorite actor" and had watched all his films, also saying that "a while after Marlon died, one of his closest friends got in touch with me. And she said that I was his favorite actor and that she and he used to watch my films together. She said that on his deathbed he had given her this book to give to me."

Well, our perception that Johnny Depp was Brando's favorite actor has been blown out of the window!

Crowe added: “People say I’m crazy, but I don’t know. I just want to be like Marlon Brando.” Doesn't everybody, Russell?

No comments:

Post a Comment